Hi Philipp,

Yes, something like that should work - it's more or less how most live
CDs do it (though I can't speak for the details, I haven't used this
method for a while - I am now using klibc instead of busybox and
mounting aufs later).

If you need example scripts you could look at linux-live, for example.

As to the active mounts, so long as you don't want to manipulate them
afterwards, that seems to be no big problem.

Best wishes,
mt