[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Michael Towers:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>       :::
>>> Yes I will have to manipulate the mountpoints I guess.
>>> It is possible that I'll have to unmount aufs, which will
>>> be "one layer below".
>>> Do you/anybody see a way how this could be achieved?
>       :::
>> initramfs root. But why would you want to get out of the aufs?
>
> The same question came to my mind.
> But I think what you need is 'mount --move' before switch_root.
> See also CVS_TREE/aufs/sample/diskless/linuxrc.

I see you are using initrd there. I am not at all sure about this, but I
think the situation is a bit different with initramfs because it's not a
'real' filesystem. I could even imagine it's possible to return to the
initrd at shutdown, but I think with initramfs this won't work. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
mt