Hello Bhushan,

Bhushan Jain:
> Linux kernel 3.8 has added support for user namespace which allows
> unprivileged users to create different namespaces for sandboxing within the
> user namespace. The filesystem developers need to explicitly allow mounting
> their filesystem types within a user namespace. This explicit permission is
> required because an overall unprivileged user of the system can be mapped to
> a root user within a user namespace. Most of the Linux filesystems already
> support user namespaces.

If you can, please provide me
- sample usage of user-namespace
- sample case where user-namespace and aufs is beneficial

> This use namespace support can be added by a small change in the file
> fs/aufs/super.c to add
> flag FS_USERNS_MOUNT to aufs_fs_type (shown in bold below). Please let me
> know if you would like me to send a patch including this change.

The change is apparently small, but the patch is better because it will
record your name in the git history.

Just out of curiosity, do you know any recent activity on Unionfs?

J. R. Okajima