Hello Tony,

Tony Lewis:
> I find three symptoms:
>
> 1. If I do a 'find' command on the aufs-mounted directory (e.g. 'find
> /mnt/merge/data -print') it starts fine. If I do Ctrl-C to terminate,
> it doesn't. I cannot kill the find command even with kill -9 as root
>
> 2. If I have used the mounted directory, then the server will not shut
> down completely. The console has warnings like 'INFO: task
> umount.aufs:3746 blocked for more than 120 seconds.'
>
> 3. If I do a df -h then the reported free space and available space is
> for the first branch added, and not for the overall disk.

These symptoms remind me the know problems.

1.
- report
  https://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05231.html
  and its thread
- fix
  5e439ff 2016-01-05 aufs: for 4.3, XINO handles EINTR from the dying process

2.
- repot
  https://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05560.html
  https://www.mail-archive.com/aufs-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05580.html
  and their thread
- fix
  f2474d8 2018-02-08 aufs: for v4.10, XINO(read) handles EINTR from the dying
process

I'd suggest you to try the latest version of aufs, or ask your
distribution maintainer to upgrade aufs module.

J. R. Okajima