Christoph Pleger:
> getfacl shows that all elements in the full path have only the normal
> filesystem permissions. lsattr returns errors "Inappropriate ioctl for
> device While reading flags on ...", but I also get these errors with
> Debian 9, Debian kernel 4.9.110-1, aufs kernel module version
> 4.9+20161219-1, but there, man works normally.

So you can success "ls -lL /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libuchardet.so.0"
from your aufs root dir, right?

Hmm,
One left possible thing is the version mismatching.
- your kernel is v4.19.67
- but your aufs version is 4.19.17+-20190211
- you should use aufs4.19.63+ series whose mmap.patch is different from
  aufs4.19.17+'s.

But if this is the real cause, then you should meet the build error
before this problem.  I cannot see what is going on.

J. R. Okajima