If the active pilots estimate is based on GFA memberships, does it include AEFs? GFA membership figures I've seen certainly used to include them. I think for the purposes of this fatalities-per-km-flown calculation we're trying to figure out, AEFs should be omitted since they're not exactly typical of the glider pilot population.

Teal