There were only 6 or 7 Ventus C A fuselage version built. One was written off in the US due to a disconnected flaperon on one side. Fortunately at 7000 feet so a successful bailout was made.

3 of the survivors are in Australia.

"Further: I really detest the concept of a name being given to an inanimate object." Yeah I guess it would be better that we refer to the White Star Line Big Boat #1 instead of the Titanic. LM-5 instead of Eagle. And in SF, 03-K64-Firefly instead of "Serenity" Somehow wouldn't be the same though.

Oh, yes, they are just machines. Inanimate objects. "These spaceships incorporating aspects of every science and applying every technology of our age, are more than computer-guided craft of cold composites and metal. They are monuments to human innovation. Aboard such a ship, in every corner, in every nook and passageway, we sense the skills of those who built it, and their minds and spirit travel with us." Joseph P. Allen in the foreword to his book "Entering Space". He was talking about the Shuttle but I'm sure the same applied to LM-5 and the Grummies who built it and all the great water ships and their builders before.

Richard Bach had something to say about that in one of his short stories, too.

Mike