James

I wonder if you have ever been to a National Gliding Championship?

Because if you had you would of course know that prior to the start of the
competition each and every competing glider is taken over the scales, (usually
set up inside a hangar to get true weight), with full ballast, cockpit drinking
water, parachute, oxygen and pilot. The actual measured weight is compared to
the manufacturers published reference all up weight for that glider and the
glider must be compliant before it is allowed to compete.  The glider is then
weighed again with the wing and tail dolly fitted and the aircraft attached to
the tow out vehicle.  This measured weight is then used during random weight
checks throughout the comp.

For you to suggest otherwise is quite simply an indication of your genuine
ignorance of how things are done at Australian National Gliding Comps.

Cheers, ROSS

 Ross McLean