Hi Gus

Having been introduced to the sport through this path myself 20 odd years ago I
think the reality is that the majority of these kids just want to fly F/A-18's,
and also they are unlikely to be in a position to, or have the desire to, get
seriously into gliding for some time. A definite investment in the future
though, just don't expect a return for a while, and definitely not much short
term retention. Just my experience. I started gliding in 87 & by 93 had left to
do other things .. but then I came back.

Cheers,

Richard