  From: Carl Ricard
  To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
  Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:23 AM
  Subject: [Aus-soaring] Questions on painting PU on top of Gelcoat

  Hello Guys,

  Ive come to notice that Im relying more and more on you guys......

  We are having a complete makeover on our Puchacz and I have some questions.
  This mornig i went to the club hangar and put a halt on the paint job, the
painter had just finnished sanding and was about to start preping the PU.

  I saw here once someone saying that you cant spray PU over gelcoat or it will
crack like a dry lake bed after some time.

  Can any one give any advice as to how Im supposed to paint over gelcoat?
Should I spray a layer of grey primer between the factory gelcoat and the PU?

  Were on hold til you guys give some advice.

  Many thanks
  Carl