Useful - yes, but way down the list of sources I use.

with over 250 hours and 20,000km x/c flying in the last 12 months, I've found
XC Skies so reliable I've almost stopped looking at anything else. Most comps
now don't seem to bother with flying a temp trace at all as the results have
usually not been as reliable as the predictions !

The problem with measured soundings is that the information has a good chance
of not being relevant, either due to distance or time resulting in the flight
being in a different air mass.

Matt