My experience over many years gliding at Cooma and Temora is:

Summer met balloon flights in EDST from Wagga don't produce charts before 11:30
and by then most of the task setting and planning have been fixed and gliders
are moving to the launch point.  So the balloon flight is of limited use.
During competitions the organisation often sends a powered aircraft aloft at
08:30 to get the data.

For gliding at Cooma the data related to an often different atmosphere across
the Great Divide.

RASP is providing good predictive data and I have often used RASP temp traces,
height of critical updraft strength, up to 24 hours ahead for planning and am
amazed how good it is.  Also the RASP associated with Cooma flying and wave
prediction is similarly amazingly accurate although processing means the data
is perhaps only 12 hours in front of expected takeoff.

FYI as requested.

Alan Wilson
Canberra

Sent from my iPad