Stephane Chazelas <stephane.chaze...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2017-05-24 14:48:12 +0100, Stephane Chazelas:
> [...]
> > > bash
> > > bosh
> >
> > As discussed, as of the 2017-05-16 release, posh was not POSIX
> > and still had many of non-conformances of the Bourne shell.
> [...]
>
> Sorry, I meant "bosh", not "posh" above.

Well, you reported one non-conformance for the Bourne Shell and the Bourne
Shell has been verified to correctly work as the system shell (/bin/sh) on
Gentoo Linux in case that it was compiled with -DDO_POSIX_SH

BTW: bosh is faster than dash even though bosh implements support for
multi-byte chars and dash does not. My benchmarks show that 30% of the total
CPU time in bosh is needed for multi-byte support.

The Bourne Shell is already used as the system shelll on SchilliX and so I
see the need to fix a reported bug, but I would not call it non-POSIX.

yash and posh however really have dozens of hard deviations from POSIX.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
    joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/