Yann Régis-Gianas <y...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I am a researcher at University Paris Diderot and in collaboration with
> Ralf Treinen and Nicolas Jeannerod, we are implementing a "trustworthy"
> open source parser for POSIX shell. One argument to convince people that
> our parser is trustworthy is our ability to relate each part of the POSIX
> specification with a limited number of places in the source code.

If you plan to use the BNF grammar for the shell that is in the standard, then
it may be of interest that this is most likely not correct.

A friend did use a program that creates random programs for a given BNF grammar
and none of the created files was accepted by any of the known shell
implementations.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin