On 6/15/17 4:12 AM, Yann Régis-Gianas wrote:

> For the moment, our implementation will continue to follow the shell
> grammar of the POSIX standard (i.e. we will continue to accept "until a do
> b; done" as a syntactically valid script.

You might consider the implications of the following text from 2.10.2
Rule 1, which makes the above invalid:

"This rule also implies that reserved words are not recognized except in
certain positions in the input, such as after a <newline> or <semicolon>;
the grammar presumes that if the reserved word is intended, it is properly
delimited by the user, and does not attempt to reflect that requirement
directly."

Though it's mentioned as part of rule 1, it applies more broadly.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    c...@case.edu    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/