Joerg Schilling <joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote, on 17 Jul 2017:

> Geoff Clare <g...@opengroup.org> wrote:
>
> > I thought initially that all uses of "command" should change to "utility",
> > but I think it is common for exec to be used before a pipeline.  For this
> > to work correctly, I suspect that exec needs to be a reserved word.
>
> Do you believe the parser should know about "exec"?

Having played a bit with how exec works in pipelines, it seems my
suspicion was incorrect.  We'll need to be careful how we update the
wording, to ensure it doesn't have incorrect implications for the
pipeline case.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England