I agree the tokens are all available by then, to the end of the current script
line, but I see it as that is the section that determines what may be an alias,
as the delimited token has to be checked for path characters being present too,
that would also defeat aliasing, whether part of the token is quoted or not.I
believe the expectation is "/bin/util" or "./util", after quote removal, is
exempt as specifying a disk access, not a substitution checking util as an
alias name.

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 Chet Ramey <chet.ra...@case.edu> wrote:

On 1/1/19 9:22 PM, Shware Systems wrote:

> Function names are expected to be recognized as such in step 1.c. of XCU
> 2.9.1.1, that aren't names of standard utilities implemented as functions.

The tokenizing behavior we're discussing precedes this.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    c...@case.edu    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/