shwaresyst <shwares...@aol.com> wrote, on 18 Mar 2020:

>>  (0004798) geoffclare (manager) - 2020-03-18 15:21
>>  https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=518#c4798
>> Note that when applying the changes from this bug, I noted that other
>> changes had been made to the Include Lines subsection since the 2008
>> edition, and therefore I did not follow the instruction to replace that
>> section with the new text, but instead identified the changes between the
>> 2008 edition text and the text given here and then applied equivalent
>> changes to the current text.
>>
>> Some of the intervening changes were from bug
>> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=333 adding
>> <b>-include</b> ("silent includes"), but there were also some TC changes.
>
> Note 1190 does not include mention of -include, so imo a separate note should
> be added showing what was committed.

I think a separate note with the details is unnecessary; the way to
merge the changes was obvious and straightforward. If it had not been,
then I would have reopened the bug.

If you really think such a note is needed then go ahead and add one.
(You can copy&paste from the latest Base.pdf in the Issue8 branch in
gitlab.)

> As example, the text about "file not found" always invoking unspecified
> behavior is not true for -include, it is now explicit these are ignored as
> the specified behavior.

Sounds like you think a needed change was missed in bug 333, in which
case you should submit a new bug to propose that change.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England