Date:        Wed, 6 May 2020 11:49:13 +0100
    From:        Geoff Clare <g...@opengroup.org>

  | There have certainly been bug resolutions in the past that have
  | included "move xxx to after yyy" type instructions. They are rare
  | because it's unusual to move something without also changing it.

OK, I had not seen one.

  | If you are worried that specifying the changes piecemeal will make
  | it harder to review the end result, you could add:
  |
  |     The end result of the above changes is:

OK, will do that (though what that will be is already there...)

  | I think the standard only uses "command name" in the context of how
  | the shell parses commands.  The amended fc -e description in the
  | standard should refer to editor as a "pathname".

I wasn't suggesting using that text literally, just for the kind of
think that might be done.

kre

ps: I am not here expecting that the wording I suggest for PATH should
be adopted unchanged (though as I am personally adding so few words
this one probably has a better chance than most) - fixing any wording
I produce is always OK.   Getting the conceptual ideas right is what
matters most to me, not how that's expressed.