Also, as something new, its inclusion is part of a later draft of Issue 8.
Additional issues it depends on need to be addressed first, specified fully,
and incorporated. This is more why it went on the back burner, that I recall.
Various other bugs are in similar state; the prerequisites to finish
speciifying them so they can be considered portable aren't done yet either.
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 Geoff Clare <g...@opengroup.org> wrote:
Robert Elz <k...@munnari.oz.au> wrote, on 29 Jul 2020:

> Speaking of which, what is the current holdup with resolving
> whichever bug it is (I hate searching in mantis, so I won't
> try here) which specifies $'...' ?  Perhaps whatever the
> problem was (before my time) with the specification of that
> is no longer a problem?

It's bug 249. It was reopened in Oct 2015 and several notes were
added to the bug after that, starting with

https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=249#c2893

My guess is the conference calls postponed returning to it because
there was ongoing discussion, but by the time the discussion ended
it had "gone off the radar".

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England