On 05/08/2020 15:54, Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group wrote:
Harald van Dijk <a...@gigawatt.nl> wrote, on 31 Jul 2020:

Take the previous example glibc's cy_GB.UTF-8 locale, but with a different
collating element: in this locale, "dd" is a single collating element too.
Therefore, this must be matchable by bracket expressions.

Incorrect.

I think you overlooked these statements in XBD 9.3.5 items 2 and 3:

     It is unspecified whether a matching list expression matches a
     multi-character collating element that is matched by one of the
     expressions.

     It is unspecified whether a non-matching list expression matches a
     multi-character collating element that is not matched by any of
     the expressions.

My message was indirectly in reply to your message where you claimed that shells were required to support this. I'm very happy to see that this is actually not true, thanks for that.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk