hi all

A note that the review period for Draft 1 has now closed.

According to Mantis we have received  23 bug reports.

0001393 3       Shell and Utilities     Objection       New     Open
2020-08-25      'command' should not be treated as a declaration utility
0001386 10      System Interfaces       Objection       New     Open
2020-08-10      strftime RETURN VALUE and ERRORS problems
0001353 1       System Interfaces       Objection       New     Open
2020-08-08      strftime errno issues
0001383 3       System Interfaces       Editorial       New     Open
2020-07-27      Make "Application Usage" less confusing.
0001370         Rationale       Editorial       New     Open    2020-07-10
Where change history starts
0001369         Rationale       Comment New     Open    2020-07-09      COLUMNS
and LINES rationale
0001366         Rationale       Comment New     Open    2020-07-08      Out of
date rationale for XSI definition
0001365         Shell and Utilities     Objection       New     Open
2020-07-07      rm -v description implies only operands are reported
0001364         Shell and Utilities     Comment New     Open    2020-07-06
use of noclobber with files in /tmp
0001363         System Interfaces       Comment New     Open    2020-07-03
out of date wait() RATIONALE regarding core dump indication
0001362         System Interfaces       Editorial       New     Open
2020-07-03      small editorial fixes to posix_spawn()
0001361         System Interfaces       Objection       New     Open
2020-07-02      fork() changes incomplete
0001360         System Interfaces       Objection       New     Open
2020-07-01      opendir() file descriptor requirements
0001359         System Interfaces       Comment New     Open    2020-06-30
dirfd() rationale out of date
0001357 1       Base Definitions and Headers    Objection       New     Open
2020-06-30      SEEK_* distinct values requirement
0001358         System Interfaces       Objection       New     Open
2020-06-30      basename/dirname difference for thread termination
0001356         Base Definitions and Headers    Editorial       New     Open
2020-06-29      Our definition of character disagrees with that of Unicode.
0001355         Base Definitions and Headers    Editorial       New     Open
2020-06-29      Better wording to replace "decoding algorithm"
0001354 2       System Interfaces       Editorial       New     Open
2020-06-29      Bug 1313 applied incorrectly
0001350 1       Base Definitions and Headers    Objection       New     Open
2020-06-28      O_* constants needed in <stdlib.h> for mkostemp()
0001352         Base Definitions and Headers    Comment New     Open
2020-06-28      Outdated text in <wchar.h>
0001351         Base Definitions and Headers    Objection       New     Open
2020-06-28      F_DUPFD_CLOFORK missing in <fcntl.h>
0001349         Base Definitions and Headers    Editorial       New     Open
2020-06-26      Where to obtain ISO/IEC standards (footnote)

regards
Andrew

> On 25 Jun 2020, at 11:53, Andrew Josey <ajo...@opengroup.org> wrote:
>
> hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first draft of the 202x
> revision of the standard.
> This draft is the first committee draft.
>
> The draft can be obtained from the login page of the Austin Group at:
>
> https://www.opengroup.org/austin/login.html
>
> The Mantis project for reporting bugs for this draft has been setup and is
> “Issue 8 drafts".
>
> I enclose the reviewers notes below.
> regards
> Andrew
> ————
>
> 202x Draft 1 Reviewers Notes = Please Read
>
> These reviewers' notes accompany 202x Draft 1 dated June 2020.
>
> 202x Draft 1 is the first committee draft of the POSIX 1003.1-202x Revision
> (aka IEEE P1003.1, The Open Group Base Specifications, Draft Issue 8, ISO/IEC
> 9945 Draft). These notes should be read prior to reviewing the document.
>
> The review period for 202x Draft 1 commences June 25 2020 and completes on
> August 25 2020. This is a committee review. No IEEE, The Open Group or ISO
> balloting is occurring on this draft. Meetings will be held after that date
> as part of the regular Austin Group meetings to resolve comments.
>
> All interested parties are invited to review these comments and submit
> comments directly to the Austin Group. Please use the Mantis bug tracker at
> https://austingroupbugs.net. The project in Mantis is "Issue 8 drafts".
> Further information on bugreporting against these documents can be found at
> http://www.opengroup.org/austin/bugreport.html.
>
> In order to submit comments, you need to have a Mantis account. If you do not
> have a Mantis account you will need to request one by contacting Andrew Josey
> for assistance.
>
> 202x Draft 1 contains all technical corrigenda candidate items arising from
> agreed defect reports marked as TC3-2008, interpretations and resolutions up
> to June 12, 2020. It also removes obsolescent interfaces. The draft is
> diff-marked, showing where text differs from the currently approved version
> of the standard. Note that comments need not be limited to these changes.
>
> Draft 2 is expected to contain additional technical corrigenda items from the
> defect reports, interpretations and resolutions that remain under discussion.
> It is also expect to contain C17 alignment and any new C17 APIs. We are yet
> to set the cutoff date after which no new materials will be added.
>
> Background information on the Issue 8 Project
>
> Please see the following documents from the Document register
> (http:/www.opengroup.org/austin/docreg.html) for details of the Issue 8
> project.
>
>       • Austin/936 (PDF) — PAR for P1003.1-202x Revision (Submitted June 21
> 2019)
>       • Austin/937 — Final PASC PMC Criteria for P1003.1-202x Revision
>
> <202x Draft 1 Reviewers Notes.html>

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481