Martijn Dekker dixit:

> Datapoint: AT&T ksh93 has a C.UTF-8 locale built in which it handles
> internally. I suppose that could be considered a precedent of sorts.

Datapoint:

I proposed to add a C.UTF-8 locale to eglibc via Debian, almost a
decade ago.

Debian’s GNU libc packages have been shipping C.UTF-8 since about
2013 or so, and there have been numerous problems with its precise
implementation (as it turns out that it’s *extremely* tricky to
implement correctly, FSVO correct).

Please contact Aurélien Jarno, who has been maintaining this, for
any detail information on this, how this has evolved and why and
consider to standardise this existing variant (possibly bugfixing
it where, if at all, necessary).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:20⎜<asarch> The crazy that persists in his craziness becomes a master
22:21⎜<asarch> And the distance between the craziness and geniality is