Date:        Fri, 19 Mar 2021 17:29:34 +0000
    From:        "Harald van Dijk via austin-group-l at The Open Group"
<austin-group-l@opengroup.org>

  | This is technically true, but if there is no conforming shell that
  | implements 2.9.1 other than by clearing the hash table (see below) and
  | no reason for an implementation to do anything other than clearing the
  | hash table, the standard may as well just go ahead and require that.

That would require a new bug report, one which I would oppose as being
unnecessarily over specifying implementation methods.  What is there now
is fine.

  | Consider the scenario where PATH=/bin:/usr/bin. Consider a hashed
  | command that exists in /usr/bin [...]

Yes, I'm aware of that issue, and IMO is what "hash -r" is there to
deal with, not PATH= - but if I cared about this particular part of
conformance (I don't) I'd fix it differently than by clearing the
hash table.

The text in the hash command page still needs to go, not only is it
wrong for the reasons I suggested, but it fails in the case that Stephane
pointed out (thanks for that).