Vincent Lefevre via austin-group-l at The Open Group dixit:

>   an EPIPE error; only in this case, this diagnostic message may be
>   annoying because the EPIPE error is an expected error (though it

Yeah, this is going to be annoying.

>where close_stdout check any error on stdout and stderr.
>Note that it has the possibility to ignored EPIPE on stdout.

A quick scan of coreutils_8.32-4 shows that the EPIPE-ignoring
flag isn’t set anywhere though.

But this is… interesting to have, for comparison. Most tools add
close_stdout; only cp, ln, mv, rm, install add close_stdin; a
close_stderr doesn’t exist. This at least matches what I did to mksh.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon