All
Enclosed are the minutes of the Monday meeting this week
regards
Andrew
---------------

Minutes of the 24th July 2023 Teleconference    Austin-1331 Page 1 of 1
Submitted by Andrew Josey, The Open Group.         25th July 2023

Attendees:
    Andrew Josey, The Open Group
    Don Cragun,  IEEE PASC OR
    Mark Ziegast, SHware Systems Dev.
    Geoff Clare, The Open Group
    Eric Ackermann, HPI, University of Potsdam
    Eric Blake, Red Hat, The Open Group OR

Apologies
    Nick Stoughton, Logitech/USENIX, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 OR
    Tom Thompson, IEEE

* General news

The meetings on July 27 will be webex meetings.
The meeting on July 31 is undecided whether a zoom or webex.
Andrew took an action to email Nick to check his availability
to host a zoom call.

Andrew confirmed he has submitted the ISO/IEC Organizational
Representative report to SC22 for their September 2023 virtual
meeting, and also the 1003.1 status report to the PASC SEC.

Andrew has sent a position on the organization and style of the
document to ISO/IEC who may question why it does not conform fully
to their directives. This was supported by the SC22 chair.

Andrew has prepared draft dispositions to the review comments
from ISO and also IEEE. These have been circulated to the core team
for initial review.

We discussed draft planning and also whether we will need a PAR extension.
We noted that we want to address low impact issues that are still
open, including at least a revisit to the long term open issues.
We noted that in some cases this will mean some triage on the items,
with some being pushed to 202x-TC1 or left open still.
Andrew has sent a status update to Tom Thompson, noting that
the probability we will need a PAR extension has increased,
as it is likely two more drafts will be needed.

* Current Business

Note for issue resolution all items are tagged for Issue 8 unless
noted otherwise or disposition is reject or duplicate.

Bug 1743: mailx: revert faulty change Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1743

We discussed this during the 2023-07-24 conference call and found
bugnote:6342 ambiguous.  It sounds like the submitter is unhappy
with the proposed changes in the note.  We are backing out the
changes made in issue 8 as suggested in the desired action and  look
forward to a new bug report to address the issues raised in the
note.

Bug 1744: Explicitly require killpg to be async-signal-safe Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1744

Bug 1748: Typo "define" s/b "defined". Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1748

This item is tagged for TC3-2008

Bug 1749: Special targets .PHONY and .NOTPARALLEL are not in alphabetic order
Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1749

Bug 1750: typo: explictily Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1750

Bug 1752: replace "mantissa" by "significand" Accepted as Marked
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1752

Change, page 260, line 9115:
to:

Bug 1753: replace "mantissa" by "significand" Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1753

Bug 1754: formula for LDBL_MAX may be incorrect, e.g. for the double-double IBM
format Accepted as Marked
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1754

On page 260 line 9123 section <float.h>, change FUTURE DIRECTIONS from "None"
to:

    LDBL_MAX is expected to change in the next revision of the ISO
    C standard such that it only applies if the values are
    normalized.</blockquote>

Bug 1755: not deferring to C17 on specifics has knock-on effects Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1755

Bug 1757: expr: incorrectly describes BRE subexpression as "[\(...\)]" Accepted
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1757

This item is tagged for TC3-2008

Next Steps
----------
The next call is on:

   Thu 2023-07-27 (Webex meeting- general bugs/ballot resolution)
   Mon 2023-07-31 (TBD Zoom or Webex meeting - general bugs/ballot resolution)

The calls are for 90 minutes

Calls are anchored on US time. (8am Pacific)

Please check the calendar invites for dial in details.

Apologies in advance:
    Nick Stoughton 2023-07-27

Bugs are at:
https://austingroupbugs.net

An etherpad is usually up for the meeting, with a URL using the date format as
below:

https://posix.rhansen.org/p/20xx-mm-dd

(For write access this uses The Open Group single sign on,
for those individuals with gitlab.opengroup.org accounts.
Please contact Andrew if you need to be setup)

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481