hi All

Please note the following correction to the minutes  for bug 1771

> On 6 Oct 2023, at 19:54, Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group
> <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:
>

> Bug 1771
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1771 Accepted as Marked
>
> This bug was updated.  Part of the resolution is changed as marked below.
>
> A note was added after we updated the resolution, pointing out that
> ksh93 already uses printf %Q for something else.
>
> 2nd para:
>
>    A future version of this standard may add a %q or %Q conversion
>    (or both) to convert a string argument to a quoted output format
>    that can be reused as shell input.

Note 0006470 has been updated to change:

A future version of this standard may add a %q or %Q conversion (or both) to
convert a string argument to a quoted output format that can be reused as shell
input.

to:

A future version of this standard may add a %q conversion to convert a string
argument to a quoted output format that can be reused as shell input.

regards
Andrew

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481

  • Minutes of the 5th Octob... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: Minutes of the ... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group