hi all

This did not make it to the list (sender not recognized), so forwarding

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Brian Inglis
> Subject: Re: Bug 1778 in Minutes of the 27th November 2023 Teleconference
> Date: 3 December 2023 at 15:33:31 GMT
>

> "Bug 1778: The read utility needs field splitting updates/corrections) and a
> little more) Accepted as Marked
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1778
>
> On page 3291 line 111859 section read, change:
>    By default, unless the -r option is specified, <backslash> shall
>    act as an escape character. An unescaped <backslash> shall
>    preserve the literal value of the following character, with the
>    exception of ...
>
> to:
>    If the -r option is not specified, <backslash> shall act as an
>    escape character. An unescaped <backslash> shall preserve the
>    literal value of a following <backslash> and shall prevent a
>    following byte (if any) from being used to split fields, with
>    the exception of ..."
>
> In edited post-d3 line 111861:
>
>    literal value of a following <backslash> *and* shall prevent a
>
> should this *and* be /or/?
>
> Using *and* seems to imply that you would need to specify:
>
>       \\<IFS-delimiter-or-line-delimiter>
>
> to use it, while /or/ should more clearly indicate the intended alternatives:
>
>       \\ -> \
>       \<IFS-delimiter-or-line-delimiter> ->
>               \<IFS-delimiter>
>               <line-continuation>
>
> --
> Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis              Calgary, Alberta, Canada

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org <mailto:a.jo...@opengroup.org>
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy
<http://www.opengroup.org/privacy>.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481

<https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481>

  • Fwd: Bug 1778 in Minutes... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group