On Wednesday, December 27, 2023, Andrew Pennebaker via austin-group-l at
The Open Group <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:

> I am currently using dynamically named variables in order to implement
> logical hashmaps in pure, POSIX sh.

Why? The standard hashmap language is AWK and it's available on every
POSIX-compliant system.

> However, the hacky syntax I am using for this, involves eval commands.

And what's wrong with it?

I would like POSIX to introduce standard commands for insert and lookup of
> hashmap entries.

Why would POSIX introduce a feature no one implements?

--
Oğuz
  • Request: Standard h... Andrew Pennebaker via austin-group-l at The Open Group