On Thursday, February 15, 2024, Harald van Dijk via austin-group-l at The
Open Group <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:

> Because the eval command parses a command from a string, here, the second
> ! is not part of the last pipeline. The last pipeline is just "break". The
> "eval" command's exit status would be negated, but stops prematurely.
> Therefore, as long as the break command exits from the loop, I believe
> POSIX requires this to print 1 0.

I don't think POSIX says anything about cases besides `! break' and `!
continue' .

--
Oğuz
              • ... Oğuz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Chet Ramey via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Vincent Lefevre via austin-group-l at The Open Group
  • Re: sh 'cont... Thorsten Glaser via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: sh ... Harald van Dijk via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Harald van Dijk via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Oğuz via austin-group-l at The Open Group