Rick wrote:

> I would encourage you to write this guide.

I"ll dd it to my to do list.

Since I am trying to figure out the easiest way to convert a
spreadsheet to a database, it probably will be written sooner, rather
than later.  << Of course, what I am trying to do, is a worst case
example.  [Spreadsheet needs to be at least four, and possibly six
tables in a database.] >>

> As a stand alone document it might get lost, but as a chapter of one of the
> Guides, I'm not sure how or where it would fit.

> nothing already available in the how-to's, including those on the database
> development pages at OOo (and I don't think there is anything written yet).

I haven't found anything.  OTOH, I missed things before that were
blatantly obvious to other people.

> Such a document could be adapted for several different purposes (perhaps a
> how-to at Docs as well as a chapter in one of both of the Calc and Base
> guides).

If a write a main how to, will somebody else adapt it for the other purposes?

xan

jonathon
--
Does your Office Suite conform to ISO Standards?