Hi,

I'm hoping this is the correct forum for this query.  If not, kindly
point me elsewhere.

I'm developing a tiny set of shell scripts (sh, ksh93, bash) for use in
testing behaviour of shell constructs under various shells.

The scripts use GNU autoconf for finding the absolute paths to either
ksh93 or bash on the system it's being installed on, and for simply
placing a bug reporting address and project version number in the
generated scripts (really, nothing fancy at all).

The scripts make use of a common set of shell functions, defined in
their own file.  This is currently sourced like this:

    prefix="@prefix@"
    exec_prefix="@exec_prefix@"
    . "@libexecdir@/toolbox.shlib"

Then, in the configure.ac file, I have a line like

    AC_CONFIG_FILES([src/script], [chmod +x src/script])

for each script, so that it's generated from the corresponding script.in
file upon running configure.

My query is this: Would libexecdir be the best place to put a file that
is architecture dependent, but *not* meant to be executed separatedly
(it's a library).  Or should it actually be stored under libdir (which
I've never seen done with a shell library of functions)?

Regards,
Andreas