On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanw...@kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanw...@kitware.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Pavolik, Ethan Thomas <et...@pitt.edu> wrote:
>>> I was wondering if you'd made any progress getting VS2015 up and running on
>>> your machine. I'm still stuck with the previous link errors when trying to
>>> build Avogadro-libs. This week I tried rebuilding QT5 from source and have
>>> been digging through and comparing symbols in relevant .lib files trying to
>>> figure out why they won't link for me, but I haven't been able to make any
>>> progress.
>>>
>> I need to get back to this, I know we have seen a VS2015 issue around
>> jsoncpp in another project. We have also confirmed that PyBind11 needs
>> VS2015 as its minimum version on Windows.
>
> I am working my way through issues on this now, I fixed the spglib
> find call, and am looking at symbol visibility. I want to have all
> this building by the end of the week, hopefully sooner.

So I didn't do very much yesterday, but today spotted a few typos. I
have all of AvogadroLibs compiling now, just working on cleaning up
the patch a little. I also have the app compiling, but need to take a
look at the packaging issues. Looking close, should have patches
pretty soon.

This is not attempting Open Babel and its dependencies yet, not sure
if Geoff has had success there or if Windows is back on an older
compiler. I remember libxml2 and some of the other Open Babel
dependencies being difficult, I think you mentioned having used
prebuilt binaries compiled with older Visual Studio for the C only
libs.