At 1251904856 time_t, koniu wrote:
> There's incremental commits that will eventually be squashed.

Please do so if you think it reduce the review size. ;)

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 09:33, Julien Danjou<jul...@danjou.info> wrote:
> > At 1251821489 time_t, koniu wrote:
>
> >> this shortcut. I could try hack up duplicate detection tho.
> > Would be cleaner IMHO.
>
> Done. I think that perhaps the new function awful.help.compare_kb()
> could replace awful.key.match() altho then I'd have to add analogous
> function to awful.button. Gonna look into it.

As you please. ;)

> >> My initial plan was to clearly split help generation into "frontend"
> >> and "backend"
>
> > - just implement a callback system where you give a function to
> >  awful.doc that will be called with text to be printed as argument.
>
> That's what I was thinking. Question is, where ought the default
> callback function(s) be defined.

rc.lua ?

> Another small issue - awful.help.get(widget) doesn't get descriptions
> for 'buttons' and 'extents': http://omploader.org/vMjlvYg.

That's a more general/logic problem: there are object methods, and we
only set object methods available on object.

We should probably export object methods to their "module" also:
mywidget:buttons() and mywidget.buttons(mywidget) already
and then we should have
widget.buttons(mywidget) working also.
I can't see why we should not do that.
i.e. it's like Lua string module.

That's something I can add as soon as I've time, if no one goes into it
before me.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou