@Sam :
Personnaly, I never tried to embed Python, but I know some projects who do
it : XBMC, Blender
I don't know a lot different programming language, but as far as I know Lua
is easy but not widely known. Nevertheless, I agree, it's syntax is pretty
nice (even if it could be improved).

I don't know Guile or Lisp (I only tried Scheme and OCaml), but I'm not
sure that they would allow the same things as easily as in Lua.

@Oon-Ee :
I don't think that mixing two DE/WM is a good idea. I give a look to i3
doc, the main config file doesn't seems to be written in Python, it should
be a quite 'expert' functionnality. Nevertheless, I LOVE AwesomeWM, I don't
want to change (for the moment).

@cedlemo :
I know that you can implement a kind of OO programming in Lua (
http://www.lua.org/pil/16.html), but it's not straight-forward. Why does a
'class' keyword not exist ?

I'm quite new to Ruby, and I don't know it well. If you say that it's not
very lightweight, it's probably not the best choice for Awesome.

@everyone:
Thanks, for your first answers. Hope we will have more opinions !

Alexis