Carmen,  if you have a Chinese operated store in your area, they will probably 
stock them for sale.  I grow some in my backyard.  They are not the type that 
grow six feet tall.  Mine grow to about two feet and produce a smaller root, 
but they are more flavorfull.  I received the roots from a friend and set them 
out in the Spring.  Incidently, I think they go great with linguica!!!
 
Al

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, carmen furtado <[email protected]> wrote:


From: carmen furtado <[email protected]>
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] PORTUGUESE YAMS - INHAMES
To: [email protected]
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:25 AM







I used to love these but haven't had them for years - was wondering if they 
were available in massachusetts - can't remember how my grandmother cooked them 
- boiled or baked - thanks - carmen
 

                




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to