Thanks Robin,
 
It was interesting to see the street and house.  I am sure that work  as 
been done to it since I was there in the early fifties.  I will check  out 
Find A Grave and see if I come up with anything.  I do not know what  his 
wife's name was, but with my luck, it was probably Maria. : )   
 
Mary Ann
 
In a message dated 1/31/2011 2:03:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 
Mary  Ann, 
I  found various Manuel Vargas’ on _Find a Grave_ 
(http://www.findagrave.com/)  in Alameda  cemeteries.  Only one Rosa Martins in 
any Alameda 
cemeteries but the  birth years isn’t even close.  Keep in mind not all burials 
are 
on this  site.  I haven’t had a chance to check any other resources at this  
time.  Do you have a first name for his wife? 
The  road still exists – see Google Map link below: 
_http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS416&q=16919+Ehle+St,+San+
Leandro&wrapid=tlif129650756514910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=16919+Ehle+St,+Sa
n+Leandro,+CA+94578&gl=us&ei=uyJHTbi0J5CqsAO65tz9AQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&c
t=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA_ 
(http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS416&q=16919+Ehle+St,+San+Leandro&wrapid=tlif129650756514910&um=1&ie
=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=16919+Ehle+St,+San+Leandro,+CA+94578&gl=us&ei=uyJHTbi0J5Cqs
AO65tz9AQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA)  
Robin  Borba Besotes 
 
 
From:  [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of  [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:22  PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy]  Manuel Vargas, San Leandro, Alameda Co.

 
 
I am  trying to find  when my grandmother's uncle died and where he is  
buried.  Here is what I know.  In the twenties, he was living  in Sacramento 
and sometime after that moved to Alameda County, I do not know  if his wife 
was still alive when he moved.  After he was widowed, his  also widowed niece, 
Rosa Martins, moved in with him to help care for  him.  He was born in 
Praia Almoxirife in the Faial in July of 1866.   He made a deal with his niece 
Rosa that if she would move in with him, he  would leave the house to her 
when he died.  I have a letter from Rosa to  my aunt, her niece, and the 
address is 16919 or 16119 Ehle St, San  Leandro.  The letter that I have is 
dated 
1948 and she does not mention  him.  I know that he was a fairly old man 
when he died and I believe  that he died in the forties. I remember visiting 
the house in the early  fifties and then we went to Lake Merritt.  He was no 
longer living at  that time.   I would also like to know when Rosa died, 
which I think  would have been in the mid to late fifties, and where she is 
buried She was  also born in the Faial in Praia Almoxirife to Rosa Delfina and 
Joaquim  Silveira in 1883.  Is the street that I have an actual street?  Does 
 it still exist?
 

 
Mary  Ann


-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to  
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when  
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged,  or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group  at 
_http://groups.google.com/group/Azores_ (http://groups.google.com/group/Azores) 
.  
Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will 
 take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to