I am trying to find  when my grandmother's uncle died and where he is
buried.  Here is what I know.  In the twenties, he was living in  Sacramento
and
sometime after that moved to Alameda County, I do not know if his  wife was
still alive when he moved.  After he was widowed, his also widowed  niece,
Rosa Martins, moved in with him to help care for him.  He was born  in Praia
Almoxirife in the Faial in July of 1866.  He made a deal with his  niece
Rosa that if she would move in with him, he would leave the house to her  when
he died.  I have a letter from Rosa to my aunt, her niece, and the  address
is 16919 or 16119 Ehle St, San Leandro.  The letter that I have is  dated
1948 and she does not mention him.  I know that he was a fairly  old man when
he died and I believe that he died in the forties. I remember  visiting the
house in the early fifties and then we went to Lake Merritt.   He was no
longer living at that time.   I would also like to know when Rosa  died, which
I think would have been in the mid to late fifties, and where she is
buried She was also born in the Faial in Praia Almoxirife to Rosa Delfina and
Joaquim Silveira in 1883.  Is the street that I have an actual  street?  Does
it still exist?

Mary Ann