Looks like a field trip to Alameda someday.  Rosa  Martins never remarried 
and I don't know about children.  I have found a  couple of Rosa Martins in 
the census records, but I have no idea who her husband  was or where they 
were married.  Either one that I found would work.   I have a picture of who I 
believe is Rosa as an older woman with a little girl  who may have been a 
grandchild.  Also, another letter that I have that she  sent to my uncle is 
talking about either a son or grandson that my uncle brought  to Woodland to 
work on the dairy for a few days.  The letter is in  Portuguese and  my 
reading abilities leave a lot of be desired.    I will let everyone know if I 
have a break through.
 
Mary Ann
 
 
In a message dated 1/31/2011 10:50:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

 
You’re  welcome Mary Ann.  One additional item on Google Map, not always 
does it  show the exact house in the search engine.  Often I’ve found  the  
map/photo maybe a house or two off 
Did  your Rosa Martin’s ever remarry that you know of?  Did she have  
children?   
You  may want to check with the local library in Alameda county for their  
city directories during a specific time period (by name of Manuel Vargas and 
 Rosa Martin) in addition to their criss-cross directory where they can 
search  by address again for a specific time period.  You may find what name she
  was going by at that time.   
Good  luck! 
Robin  Borba Besotes 
 
 
From:  [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of  [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 6:45  PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re:  [AZORES-Genealogy] Manuel Vargas, San Leandro, Alameda  Co.

 
Thanks  Robin,
 

 
It  was interesting to see the street and house.  I am sure that work as 
been  done to it since I was there in the early fifties.  I will check out 
Find  A Grave and see if I come up with anything.  I do not know what his  
wife's name was, but with my luck, it was probably Maria. : )    
 

 
Mary  Ann

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to  
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when  
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged,  or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group  at 
_http://groups.google.com/group/Azores_ (http://groups.google.com/group/Azores) 
.  
Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will 
 take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to