Does anyone have any information on these families? Here is what I
have. This is my translation from the original record. The China name
is quite unusual.  I am interested in this family for a couple of
reasons especially because my "exposto"  great grandfather Silva had
the of Chino. Perhaps this was an apelido "nickname"  I don't know
very much about him except that he was a whaler and was "exposto"  He
was probably not directly related to these families but I am trying to
learn what I can about these Chino/China names.

On 2 April 1893 in this parish of Nossa Senhora Da Conceicao  da
Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel, Diocese of Angra, the Reverend cura
Laurindo da Ponte baptized a male individual  named Manuel born in
this village at 8PM on 5 March of the same year., legitimate son of
Augusto Da Ponte, laborer, and Maria Julia, domestic of this village
and parishioners, of the Rua dos Apostolos, paternal grandson of
Francisco Da Ponte and Maria de Jesus, and maternal grandson of Jose
Ildefonso de Medeiros and Luria De Medeiros.

This Manuel Da Ponte  named above  married Maria Olinda China on Dec
12, 1914.  Maria Olinda China was born in same village and baptized on
10 Aug 1895. She was born on 8 Aug 1895 and was the daughter of Maria
do Carmo China, ( father's name not provided) maternal grandaughter of
Manuel de Amaral China  and Maria De Jesus Vidinha.

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to