Gosh, I'm learning a lot about Portugal thanks to all of you.  So, if you
purchase the land, you still have to pay to upkeep it?  What is a common
grave?

Gail

From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Eliseu Pacheco da Silva
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:47 AM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Find my sisters burial records

Hi,

There is only one Cemetery in Rabo de Peixe.  Nowadays the minimum time a
corps is interred is 5 years. If you want to keep the corps there you have
to buy the land of the grave. Then you may put as many corps as you want in
your land under the rule of the minimum 5 years.

The burial records must be at the Registo Civil of Ribeira Grande.

Eliseu

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right