Mike

 

Did your gg grandparents become US citizens?  If so the naturalization
papers  used to contain the name of the ship and date/place the immigrant
arrived.

 

I searched for 5 years for my grandfather-in-law Joseph S. Viera on a
passenger list from Faial.   While researching his brother's citizenship
papers it listed he came over on the Peninsular May 17, 1902 in New York.  I
checked the records on Ancestry and they didn't even have the ship list for
that trip.  I then checked the Ellis Island site and there I found the whole
family under the wife's maiden name Silva.  

 

Good Luck!

 

Steven

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to