I was wondering if someone on the list could help me get to my Grandmothers
baptismo record. Her name is Georgina Dias born 6 Feb 1875 in Rabo de Peixe,
Sao Miguel, Azores. Her Father was Manuel Souza Dias 1841 and Mother was Maria
Julia Rapoza 1850. I wanted to try and translate the record myself
but I have been having a hard time trying to locate it. I have gone to Centro
De Conhecimento Dos Acores web site under the Pesquisa Registos Paroquiais I
have put Sao Miguel as the Ilha, Ponta Delgada as the Concelho, and Capelas,
Faja de Cima, Candelaria and the rest as the Freguesia. I have looked thru
the listing but found nothing so far. Don't know if I am doing it right. This
is my first attempt at this web site I have looked up portuguese records on the
Maderia web site with better luck. I feel if I could start by finding this
record I could get the rest of my family records on my own. My great
grandmother had two sisters
Capitalina 1868, and Maria 1870 along with two brothers Jose 1880 and August
1883 all from Rabo de Peixe, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel