I think there was a Paiva family that settled in Hamakua on the big island, as
well. Someone posted their tree here, and, while the many of the names appear
similar, I haven't been able to completely match them all up with my own
relatives. Apart from the Paivas in Hamakua, I had Mendonca relatives that
settled in the Hilo area. Most of their descendants have moved to the mainland
over the past century.