Cheri,
I so apologize, but I cannot seem to wrap my brain around this DNA.  I
ordered the Family Finder and have received it.  I have two choices.
1. I can have my mom checked, she is 96 and her father was from the Azores
and her mom from Ireland.
2. I can use my own and maybe get my mom's side plus my dad's (from
England).

Is there an advantage to using only my mom - would I get a more accurate
outcome by only looking on her side?

If I do my own, what are the negatives?

thank you so much,
Ellen (yes, I am female - no close male relatives) I could probably find a
cousin on my mom's side or a 3rd cousin on my dad's)