John,
Joao Medeiros Jardim, b. Dec 1833 (PG), & Maria Botelho b. Aug 1834 (PG), did
go to Hawaii (SS Abergeldie - 1883). They lived at first in Maui, then moved to
Hawaii (Hilo). One of their daughters (Maria da Estrella) married Jose Leite de
Mendonca, my GGU. The couple had 10 children.

Back to the Medeiros Jardim family - Joao's son, also named Joao, married
Louisa Costa on 30 Nov 1897, in North Kohala, Hawaii. The three youngest of
Joao, Sr., and, Maria's children, Anna, Francisco, and Antonio died in Ponta
Garca  Anna & Francisco, in 1879; and, Antonio on 13 Jul 1882.  As for the
oldest daughter, Rosa, not much is known other than she also migrated to Hawaii
with her family. She may have married in 1910, using the name Rose or Rosie
Medeiros.