Dear Ricardo, 

Yours is a wise and organized approach. My paternal grandmother's maternal line 
was from Ginetes, so I have done some extensive research of those families. My 
advise is always to verify any information since we all make mistakes. If I can 
answer any questions for you, I will be happy to do so as a courtesy. Verifying 
is a lot easier than researching.

I have no doubt that eventually you will get all the way back to the earliest 
Ginetes records.

Best of luck,

John





On Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:31 PM, Ricardo Chaves <[email protected]> 
wrote:
 
Hello, 

Tish M,

First: I'm very happy to see active Santa Maria researchers in the group. 
Angela Loura is also from Santa Maria! I notice you're researching Santa 
Barbara, so am I, on FREITAS, my mother's side! 

Second: Overwhelmed with your good will, by sending me this record. Yes I have 
everything to believe Jose Antonio Carvalho is my Tetraavo's brother, I have 
this record, but I thank you very much anyway.

Third: I asked Rick about Mello, because I saw Jose's grandparents in the book 
at the library, but in those days I didn't have that much experience and 
knowledge as today, result of many and many and many books I have seen and also 
a lot of information about my ancestors, through my family.

My Dad is very skeptic about this hole "de Mello" story, lol! He is 65, and he 
doesn't like the Idea that we should be Mello, or Carvalho, and not Chaves 
LOL... But I am getting him around slowly!

Richard,

have we talked about Pimentel in the past? I believe we did. I have been trying 
to addict my wife into Genealogy lately, because I started her tree as well in 
the past, but mine has become so much time consumption that I put hers on 
standby. She has Pimentel from Achada - Nordeste. But lets leave that to 
another related thread!

John

thank you for your input. I haven't reached there yet, I wish I get there, but 
I'm a bit of "small step" of a time, I don't like to step ahead, I always check 
everything carefully and then when I am sure and have all the info in my 
database, then I move on!


-- 

Ricardo Chaves


-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to