The only guarantee the grandparents were listed was on 1 July 1860 forward.
But many started before that. Sometimes even the latter 1700s.

On Madeira, it is normal to list them in the 1700s, even for marriages. And I have seen that on the mainland, too.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
www.dholmes.com


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Joam da Costa (Might be his birth record
-- can't really read it) Help!
From: Dano <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, March 20, 2014 3:39 pm
To: [email protected]

Joseph, I neglected to mention that I didn't see Joam's mother listed in the record (which is somewhat odd). As for the Grandparents, they weren't listed in the early records. I'm not sure, but, I believe they weren't added until the early, or, mid 1800's'. Possibly Cheri, Doug, or JR can chime in.

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to