Thanks for the tip, Doug. I will check once again!  Rosemarie 

From: [email protected] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:21 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Finder matches

I have been checking my and my father's Family Finder matches and noticed there 
are many new matches that are actually dated as much as 3 years ago.

Seems to me that they went through everything and changed their criteria as to 
what is a match.

One strange thing is that I am matching two people (siblings) with Portuguese 
ancestry that my father doesn't match. I find it hard to believe it is anything 
other than a mistake by FTDNA, because they have 100% Portuguese (Mainland) 
ancestry and I suspect one ancestor moved over from the Azores to the continent.

So it might pay to check your matches again.


Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
www.dholmes.com
-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to