We got four new matches for my father's Family Finder test. So if you haven't checked lately, you might find some new ones, too.
Strangely, many of the recent matches the date of the match got changed from the original.
For instance, it has been maybe 2 weeks since I last logged in. Each time I log in I set the relationship to "Distant Cousin" if I don't already know exactly how we connect. So each time I log in, if there are any new matches, they will be waiting for me to do that. Yet, these latest four matches are dated about 2 weeks ago and I have maybe 5 newer matches that I had already set for "Distant Cousin." These latest 4 are not at the top of my list as they should be. So there is no other way than to think these other matches got a new date.
Of course, it makes zero difference, but is just a curiosity.
Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
---------- Original Message --------
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Finder matches
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, March 26, 2014 4:21 pm
To: [email protected]
I have been checking my and my father's Family Finder matches and noticed there are many new matches that are actually dated as much as 3 years ago.Seems to me that they went through everything and changed their criteria as to what is a match.One strange thing is that I am matching two people (siblings) with Portuguese ancestry that my father doesn't match. I find it hard to believe it is anything other than a mistake by FTDNA, because they have 100% Portuguese (Mainland) ancestry and I suspect one ancestor moved over from the Azores to the continent.So it might pay to check your matches again.Doug da Rocha Holmes--
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

